First Southern Baptist Church
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
We are the church who is called to seek out, to share, to disciple, and to win the world to Jesus Christ

About FSBC

Since forming in 1957, the First Southern Baptist Church of Pikeville has undergone various changes but remains committed to service Christ in the community.  With the help from the Sequatchie Valley Association missionary, Rev. V.R. Webster, 35 charter members adopted the church's constitution on May 16, 1957.  Their first meeting place was the Masonic Lodge Temple. 
 
A permanent home was found later that year when the church bought the Chisam property on Main Street, and the house was readied for services.  Construction on a building began in 1960 with a loan from the convention's Church Building and Loan Program.  The first worship service in the completed facility was in April, 1961.
 
The house on the property was remodeled in 1964 for a parsonage, and four years later the church purchased the lot between the church and Mrs. Ault's home.  More property was acquired in 1975 when two acres behind the building became available.  Another adjacent lot was subsequently purchased also.
 
The original parsonage was converted to an education building on 1975 and used as classroom space until 1983 when it was bought by Wade and Sandy Dodson and moved from the the property to make room for an expansion to the church.  The 11,000 square foot addition was completed shortly afterward, and in 1987 the sanctuary was enlarged.  A new parsonage directly across Main Street from the church was purchased in 1992 from the Pratt family.
 
In 2008, we began construction of a 24,000 square foot Family Ministry building.  This building was completed in the Fall of 2009.
 
The church is deeply grateful to all those people through the years who have contributed in any way to further the work of the church for the glory of God.  We look forward to continuing our services until the Lord's return.
 
 

Charter Members

 
Lether Goins Lucile M. Deakins Mrs. Roberta Sells
Alton Dill Velma S. Hitchox Bobby C. Sells
Winona Dill Cecil Hitchcox Reed Sells
Inez McCoy Phyllis Ann Hitchcox Earl Lee Dill
Mrs. S.O. Blackburn Mr. Cecil Morgan Mrs. James Hobson
S. O. Blackburn Mrs. Cecil Morgan James Hobson
Mrs. Nova B. Evans Helen Morgan Harold H. Sullivan
W. R. Medley Delcia Goins S. Morgan
Bonnie Medley Hugh D. McReynolds Mrs. S. Morgan
Mrs. Georgia McCullom Jessie Mae McWilliams Joe T. Deakins, Jr.
A.J. Morgan Sam S. Brown, Sr. Sam H. Brown, Jr.
Joyce Morgan Betty Carol Hatfield  
 
 
 

Our Past and Present Pastors

 
Rev. V. R. Webster 1957-58 Rev. Steve Witt 1974-75
Rev. Charles McElhaney 1960-61 Rev. Harry E. Welch 1975-79
Rev. John D. Bolton 1961-63 Rev. Bill Roberts 1980-91
Rev. Kelly Carter 1964-73 Rev. Mike Brown 1993-98
Rev. Vester Blanton 1972-73 Rev. Jim Whitaker 2000-